Tips for Tailgating with your Chevrolet
By: Lauren Indiveri
October 26, 2012 3:14 pm CT
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and sports teams and tailgating are no exception! Whether you are tailgating for baseball, football, NASCAR or just for the hot dogs and beer, here are a few tips to take your parking lot party to the next level and come prepared so all your friends and family have a great experience.
- Arrive early - Get a good spot to tailgate, and be sure to plan in time to break down the festivities before the game. There’s nothing worse than hearing the kick-off of a game from the parking lot while you are stuffing trash bags.
- Plan ahead - Did you remember the charcol, grill, utensils, napkins, gargbage bags, ice, and anything else you can bring from home to be prepared.
- Make a menu – Write out a list of the food you want to have at the game, and be sure to pick up the meat, beer, potatoe salad, buns, condiments and any other food and drink you may want to make the day great.
- Know the area - Avoid traffic by knowing alternate routes to and from the stadium and always know where the nearest restroom is to your parking space.
- Be prepared for all weather conditions - Bring blankets, scarfs, hats, gloves, rain jackets, umbrellas, fans and anything else that will make the tailgate more comfortable.
- Make yourself at home - Don’t forget chairs, folding tables, a radio to play music or the game while you are out in the parking lot and whatever else ou need that will make the party, well, a party!
- Tell your friends & family - The best part of a tailgate is the company. So bring along your friends and family to make the day exciting and fun!
Now that you have some thought starters to help you prepare for your next tailgate, go out and grill!