The Tastiest Must-Have Foods for a Tailgate
By: A Chevy Texan
May 14, 2012 11:10 am CT
Spring has sprung and summer is right around the corner. Do you know what that means? Tailgating season is officially here! Between ball games, concerts, rodeos and everything else that takes place in the Lone Star State, we can’t think of a better way to kick off these events than a quality tailgate.
And what’s the most essential part of a tailgate? That’s right, food! Everybody loves some good grub to enjoy with family and friend. Here is a list of what we think are the top 10 must-have foods at any great tailgate:
1) Burgers & brats. Enough said. If these aren’t at your tailgate, well it’s not a real tailgate. Don’t forget the works – ketchup, mustard, relish, cheese, etc.
2) Any (or every) type of dip. A few suggestions: 7-layer, queso, spinach & artichoke, black bean…you catch our drift!
3) Quesadillas. This is the perfect finger food. Easy to eat, super tasty – the perfect combo.
4) Fruit Salad. Yes, it’s always nice to have a healthy option, especially for the lovely ladies of the group. A mix of watermelon, grapes, kiwi, strawberries & cantaloupe is highly recommended!
5) Chips & Salsa. This is the epitome of a cliché tailgating food, but hey, that’s for a reason. This is a favorite that will satisfy anyone and everyone.
6) Buffalo wings. Big hit with the guys, but don’t forget the napkins – these can get messy.
7) Potato salad. This is a great alternative to those in the group who may not be a fan of fruit salad. The cool taste goes well with the assortment of other hot and spicy foods.
8) Guacamole. After all, we are in Texas. We love our Mexican cuisine. Another plus: you already have the chips to go with your salsa. Double whammy!
9) Bacon-wrapped shrimp. Yes this is getting a little fancy for a tailgate, but trusts us; it is definitely worth the extra-effort.
10) And last but not least – game day nachos. Like burgers & brats, these are a tailgate essential. They aim to please and do a great job of doing so. You can’t go wrong with this must-have.
So there you have it, the top 10 foods everyone should have at their tailgate. Did we make you hungry?
We bet you have some tasty snacks to share, too. What favorites would you add to the list?