Buick Achievers Scholarship 2011
By: Vicki Cosgrove
July 21, 2011 10:17 am CT
We at General Motors love to see young students take great big steps into their futures, including planning for higher education at a college or university.
In fact, we love it so much that Buick and the General Motors Foundation has just named 100 students across the country as recipients of the 2011 Buick Achievers Scholarship Program. Those students will each received a scholarship of $25,000 that will be renewable for up to four years.
The program, which awards $4.5 million annually to scholarships, rewards those students who not only excel in the classroom, but also in their local communities.
Eight of the 100 recipients come from right here in Texas. We’d like to send a big CONGRATULATIONS to the following scholarly superstars:
- Aman Agrawala, San Antonio, Texas (Chemical Engineering, University of California at Berkeley)
- Jordan Alvarez, Houston, Texas (Environmental Engineering, University of Texas at Austin)
- Oliver Brown, San Leon, Texas (Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin)
- Laura Hernandez, Weslaco, Texas (Environmental Engineering, Texas Tech University)
- Anuruddha Jayasinghe, Coppell, Texas (Industrial Design, Carnegie Mellon University)
- Travis Terrell Ramos, Llano, Texas (Environmental Engineering, Miami University: Oxford Campus)
- Neha Vaidya, Houston, Texas (Business Administration, University of Texas at Austin)
- Haoran Wang, College Station, Texas (Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan)
Keep up the great work, y’all. We know you’re going to do outstanding work.